Menu
PeteC74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pay for 50mb getting 3mb

I currently pay for a 50mb connection currently speed testing at 3.5mb max 5mb can provide screen shots if required.....what is happening I'm clearly not getting the speeds I am paying for with constant stuttering ans packet loss while streaming
0 Kudos
ash1122
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay for 50mb getting 3mb

Try testing from www.speedtest.net , some sites I tried all sorts of readings but speed test seemed the best one 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteC74

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you're experiencing and that this is affecting you when streaming.

When checking your connection there is a fault ticket raised F004388244 that's causing slow speeds around peak times. There's a review date scheduled for 05/04/2017 and we will have some more information a little closer to this date.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Kind regards,

Ty 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
PeteC74
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for this....how do I now go about getting a refund for a service I am paying for but clearly not getting.
I have been running tests for every day for the last week....and have been getting 3mb to 5mb max clearly this falls under what is to be expected.

I was also like to speak to somone about cancelling my service. I am still in contract as recently signed up to a new deal after being a customer for over 7 years.......I'm clearly not getting a service that I pay for and it is below a standard that I would expect.

Please advise
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PeteC74 wrote:
Many thanks for this....how do I now go about getting a refund for a service I am paying for but clearly not getting.
I have been running tests for every day for the last week....and have been getting 3mb to 5mb max clearly this falls under what is to be expected.

I was also like to speak to somone about cancelling my service. I am still in contract as recently signed up to a new deal after being a customer for over 7 years.......I'm clearly not getting a service that I pay for and it is below a standard that I would expect.

So you want a refund and cancelling service in that order or do you want to know why your not getting full speed?

We don't even know how or where your test or seeing your speed that and Mb or MB there are many reason that even if you go to another ISP you can have the same problem.

0 Kudos
PeteC74
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Basically yes I have been paying for a service for over a month that I clearly have not been getting.....so yes I would like a refund.

And then I wish to cancel my contract amd go to another provider I have had many conversations with customer support and get no where only that my area 04 is over subscribed and will be looked at in April clearly not good enough as stated above.

0 Kudos
PeteC74
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

content://media/external/file/29100
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey PeteC74,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving us.

If you give our Customer Relations team a call they will be able to discuss this with you, we're unable to process cancellation requests via the forum.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos