Menu
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss all day every day

I seem to be suffering from lots of packet loss, this has been going on for a few weeks now. It's even outside peak hours as yes I know I'm in a massively oversubscribed area. So I put some of the loss to peak hours.

But something is not right. There should not be that much packet loss even at these odd hours, and it's fairly constant.

Packet.JPG

Down.JPGUp.JPG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss all day every day

The SNR levels on three of your downstream channels are too low and a few of the others are borderline.

This will probably need an engineer visit to sort out those SNR levels.  You can call VM and try to book a visit or wait for the VM staff to get to this thread and they can help you book a visit.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss all day every day

Hello thepixel,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I can't seem to find your account to verify your readings, but going off what I can see we will need to get an engineer around for you.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to book you in.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out