Menu
g182
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

[PR7] Slow Speeds on 50mb Package for Months, Upgraded to 300M Package - No Change!

Had Virgin since I moved into my new house a few months ago as it was great at the previous place, took the 50mb package to start with and wasn't exactly impressed.

Few months pass, mainly seeing 600Kbps>1.5Mbps down from speedtest servers that peer with Liberty Global, Ookla testing shows that can burst to full port speed but intermittent over longer periods of time no matter the speedtests VM based servers or ones hosted via Liberty Global Network.

This is strange, the last VM hookup ~ 2 miles away didn't perform like this.

Battled for 2 weeks on and off the phone to get an engineer sent out, he walks in and says the link is full speed not his problem, walks out...

Now, fast forward to december - seeing daily dropouts and packetloss, failing to load pages.

Called you guys up, you mentioned bigger packages etc. so I went for it - now I am sat on 300Mb package with a worse connection than before.

vSBfzOr

V0did7i

DLxmxSp

96lUYul

Located in PR7, Lancashire.

0 Kudos
g182
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: [PR7] Slow Speeds on 50mb Package for Months, Upgraded to 300M Package - No Change!

So, next working day, in the morning - should in theory see somewhere close to the advertised speeds - nada, worse than on 50mb package.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: [PR7] Slow Speeds on 50mb Package for Months, Upgraded to 300M Package - No Change!

If you are still in thencontract cooling off period. Cancel the changes.

If you have issues in your area, no amount of package changes will fix it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
g182
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's the plan now, going to ring Virgin about it. Just wanted to give them their full stated 24hrs to make the changes live.

dnr1YDZ

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's live now. The upload shows that.

There is no bedding in period, what you get is what you get. Save the time and just get on the phone asap Smiley Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
g182
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I figured it would be, but they did say 24 hours.

"Save the time and just get on the phone asap" Thanks - this might be harder than thought, called twice now and had the call dropped before even making it through the switchboard.

So, ended up ringing sales line to be transferred, cancellations team didn't argue with any aspects of the disruption and processed a full account cancellation rather than just the upgrade addon/change.

0 Kudos
chandler
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So they just let you cancel without giving any explanation to what the problems are or if they are going to fix them? 

Which ISP are you going to go with now? I've had less than 1MB over the last few days, would love to be getting double figures at least! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
g182
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

>So they just let you cancel without giving any explanation to what the problems are or if they are going to fix them?

Yep, didn't even want to send an engineer out. Mind you this morning I woke up to a bill until Feb, yet the connections been disabled.

Will call them when I can be bothered battling to find the answer out.

>Which ISP are you going to go with now? I've had less than 1MB over the last few days, would love to be getting double figures at least!

EE, Zen or AandA are looking likely candidates, right now just hammering mobile data!

0 Kudos