Menu
chandler
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PR7 Chorley Lancashire Slow Broadband Speeds

Anybody else suffering from painfully slow broadband speeds in the PR7/Chorley/Lancashire area? I'm supposed to have 100MB, which to be honest I've never got anywhere near, but last night it was down to 0.8MB and today it's only up to 2.5MB. At the most, I've only ever seen 50-60MB but I've never struggled with that but it's just painful at the minute, pages aren't loading etc.

0 Kudos
Timwilky
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PR7 Chorley Lancashire Slow Broadband Speeds

I am down the road in whittle. Virgin Media has been terrible lately. I wish I could get an alternative provider and I would be off like a robbers dog.

Lately my upload has been good. Near the 20Mb I am supposed to get. But 5Mb download is nowhere near the up-to 200 I should be seeing.
0 Kudos
g182
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep me!

Had issues with the throughput on the 50Mb package since signup, upgraded to the 300Mb package earlier today to see if that helped and no better - not seen over 50Mb down since the upgrade.

Also seeing hourly packetloss via monitoring for days now and some strange routing suggesting congestion within VM.

09GZiIW

vSBfzOr

V0did7i

0 Kudos
chandler
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'll ring up and raise it with them then but they'll no doubt try to blame it on my laptop and start giving me tips on how to improve my connection...

Just done 5 speed tests in a row: 3, 11, 5, 3, 2. It seems to be all over the place but mainly poor. Nowhere near the 100MB I'm paying for!

I can probably change providers as I feel like it's been ages since I signed up with them but I've been really happy with the internet until now! Plus my TiVo is at 94% and it would take forever for me to watch all those programs Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi chandler,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've run a diagnostic on your account and everything is looking great on this end. All the levels are as they should be and there are no network issues in your area. Are you still experiencing speed issues?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chandler
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's still diabolical and I'm fed up with it now. Down to 4mb last night and I couldn't even get through a 25 min program on my Fire Stick without it freezing and crashing every few minutes. Someone on another thread said it's probably down to being "throttled". The service is not fit for purpose as it stands.

What it says at your end is not corresponding to how I'm experiencing the service, which is what the most important thing is, surely? Typical fob off.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Evening chandler,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can imagine how frustrating this must and I would like to help as much as I can. Looking at your connection, I am unable to see any issues that would cause you to experience slow speeds.

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just during the evenings?

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if there is a difference?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos