Menu
Mekoz
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

(PE29) 60mb upgrade to 100mb, terrible speeds at peek times

Hello,

We have upgraded from 60mb to 100mb and have noticed that the speeds during peek times are pretty pathetic, worse than our 60mb connection. It is making online streaming/gaming a headache and has been going on for a fair while now. We have contacted virgin media several times about this matter only to have some indian chap reset our connection each time and fob us off. This is a wired connection through ethernet. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

P.S service status says "broadband Good service" lol

Desktop_2014_08_01_21_03_04_575.png

1.png

2.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: (PE29) 60mb upgrade to 100mb, terrible speeds at peek times

Hi Mekoz, 

Welcome to the forums, it sounds like you've not had the best of times with your speeds I'm sorry to see that. 

Looking at your connection it seems you are affected by fault ref F002986960 utilisation. 

This is currently with the planning team and they think a CAT-C is required they are hoping to have this in progress by November, but this is an estimate and is subject to change. 

We should have more information about this after 27/08/2014 please give this thread a bump then and we'll be able to get an update for you. 

I'm sorry that it is not better news. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mekoz
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I would like to request an update on this situation. It has been over two months now and the problem has done nothing but get worse. A speed test tonight reveals the conection to be at its lowest yet.

speedtest.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

HI Mekoz,

I am sorry that the utilisation issue is still impacting on your speeds. I've checked for progress on this and it looks like the upgrade work is targeted to commence towards the end of November.

Post an update request nearer that time and we'll see if there's any additional information on this. Please don't forget to call in each month for a credit though, until we have this fully resolved.

Best wishes Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mekoz
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

After months of waiting patiently im still not getting the service im paying for! I wonder am i entitled to compensation from the time i first reported the problem? I will not hold my tongue anymore as i see that many people are having the same problems all over the UK. It is a joke, people are beeing ripped off through greed plain and simple. Taking on more customers than the current network can handel and taking their sweet time to fix the problems.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mekoz,

Apologies for the delay. I've rechecked fault F002986960 and the review date is now 11/03/15. I'm afraid arranging credit is not something we can do over the forum due to data protection laws. You'd best call customer services on 150 or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mekoz
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

A year on and the connection is still crap!!! Have they not even bothered to carry out the so called work or what? This is totally unexceptable. What gives, does anyone even care?

Tonights speed test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4671931899

This is the whole years worth of tests together, Crap!!!

http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=576765df8ef7cb267074d6650ca361cb&ria=0

0 Kudos
Lykaios
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mekoz,

Can you make a thinkbroadband ping graph for some. Someone i know in PE29 also has speed/ping issues, just want to confirm if the ping graph you get near matches what he gets. If so, then PE29 needs a serious look at, especially if the CAT-C Reseg hasnt happened!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

0 Kudos
Mekoz
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hey Lykaios,

I've activated it and will upload as soon as there is some info to display, probs tomorrow.

Edit: Live link

My Broadband Ping
0 Kudos
Lykaios
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just the last 2 hours of your graph matches the other person who has the same issue. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos