Menu
Speedydowt
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Overutilisation on Cosham's UBR again?

Hi there,

Had around a year of overutilisation issues in the Portsmouth area (believe cosham exchange) under fault code F004161795. 

Apparently this fault code has been fixed, however rarely see speeds above 30Mb/s at peak times, assume traffic throttling to deal with demand. 

Speed tests etc conducted using a cat6 connection straight to super hub, even using single host to router in modem mode to rule out poor super hub NAT. 

Would it be possible for someone to look into these speed issues for me?

many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overutilisation on Cosham's UBR again?

Hello Speedydowt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're still struggling with your speeds, I appreciate this is frustrating. I've tested the network in your area and I'm sorry to say that we're still having problems at peak times. We've got a fault raised under ref: F004968205 which is being reviewed on the 10th May.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Speedydowt
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know Heather,

Could you arange for my bill to be discounted then please as i am in the same position as everyone else here, not getting the service i pay for.

Also are you able to tell me how long this fault code has been open for? As i have been charged full rate for the last few months- just because the fault code has changed does not mean the issue has been fixed and therefore i should be expecting to pay the discounted rate until this issue is resolved. For this reason i should expect to see a rebate of the difference between the full rate that i've paid and the discounted rate for the months of December 2016, January 2016 and Feburary 2016. I should also expect to see the discounted rate applied to my March bill.

Something that has been raised with Virgin many times in the past is why this fault code is not sitting on your service status page for all those effected by this problem? Waiting for customers to complain of an issue before informing them of a fault code and only then issuing some form of rebate just seems dishonest in my book. When large companies like Amazon are able to be totally transparent about their short falls (i.e their RFO on the latest S3 outage) , it seems only honest to do the same. 

I'm sure you are sick of people ranting in these forums, i really don't mean to come across as synical or rude but just frustrated.

Thank you

Tom

JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It would be simpler for VM to list the areas in Portsmouth, Gosport & Fareham that AREN'T affected by faults than to highlight their those that are 😉

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Speedydowt, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your speed. 

As mentioned by Heather it does seem to be related to fault ref F004968205 for slow speeds at peak times. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos