Menu
LordJuraxxus
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Over-utilisation issue. again... (Wigan WN3)

Between May 2016 and December 2016, there was a utilisation issue causing speeds as slow as 1mbs during the evenings. The issue was fixed on the 14th December 2016. Speed has been at 90 to 100mbs until now. On the 7th February 2017 early morning the internet was down, and was fixed and running around 11am. At around 8pm/9pm the same day, the speed was at a pathetic 0.5mbs. The internet was unusable. It is slowly dropping every hour into the evening today.  Why is this an issue again? Have the engineers messed this up AGAIN?   

0 Kudos
BigAardvaark
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over-utilisation issue. again... (Wigan WN3)

Alas, it seems history is repeating itself again with VM in WN3.  I've had this same dross service for 6 years.  Twice now over this 6 year farce it's been "fixed", twice it has reverted to worse than before performance.  Currently download is 2.1Mbps via speedtest.net  Upload is at 7.25Mbps.  That in itself speaks volumes.

So, normal for this area and I was just waiting for it to happen.  Problem I have is a lack of alternative - BT and similar can only offer 2mbps in our street.  So, I'm a captive customer.

If you have the option, leave and don't come back, that's the best fix I can suggest.

I am in an over subscribed area - Fault ref F003066490
0 Kudos
BigAardvaark
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

a37c5f782171a1f85028ac5ef195d310-08-02-2017

I am in an over subscribed area - Fault ref F003066490
0 Kudos
LordJuraxxus
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can we please get some answers from the VM staff?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LordJuraxxus,

I am sorry for your reduced broadband speeds. The network does require an upgrade to increase capacity and this has been escalated to our Networks teams, ref: F004962815. Progress on the current pre-upgrade work is being reviewed on 12/04/2017. At that time we'll know if the review date needs to be extended or if a the actual upgrade can commence. 
I shall send your details over to a team who will updated on what happens. Please read my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) for more information.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It won't get fixed man... You will be literally waiting years... Just look on the forums. After getting screwed around for over a year myself, I just cancelled today. If you're in contract with them still, you can cancel it, as they are breaking their end of it. Gl

0 Kudos