Menu
Markgen
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Over Utilisation F003086088

Since I opened an account with Virgin Media in November 2015 the speeds in peak times have been totally useless and it's getting worse. Virgin keep putting the review dates back and it never gets fixed. What on earth are you people doing or don't you give a damn about your customers? If I had another ISP I could go to in this area I would have gone a long time ago.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6036930651

Lets see if anybody bothers to reply back

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over Utilisation F003086088

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mark,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear about your slow speeds, I know this is irritating and if I could help to quicken up the repair process I would. I can see fault: F003086088 is present in your area and is being reviewed on the 1st March. If you could get back to us on or after the review date, we will have more info for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Markgen
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

This is an ongoing irritation since November 2015 and the review date has been continually pushed back ever since then. Even emails to your CEO don't make a lot of difference which adds to the frustration. You are the only ISP in my area to supply 'superfast' broadband. Why your company continues to avoid fixing this problem is beyond me. You cannot blame BT Openreach as your company own the network.

I am now wafting for another message to say that the review date has been pushed back again without any reason given for the delay as usual. I am beyond frustrated with this ongoing problem and certainly annoyed about it.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate your frustrations and I wish I had better news for you. I know this isn't much of an explanation, but I do know that we often face delays that are beyond our control, such as holdups caused by local authorities. We will check the fault ticket again on the review and give you as much new info as we have.

Thanks again for your continued patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Markgen
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your reply. I have just received notification of my latest bill and I am being charged full price again. Please can you do something about that.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Markgen
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BOOOM got ya beat!!!

Untitled.jpg

144p buffering on youtube baby!!! no idea why Virgin got the "Say goodbye to buffering" add banned along with 22 others.

0 Kudos
Markgen
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That is a terrible download speed, worse than dial up

0 Kudos
CoreyDog
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

I had exactly the same issue from September 2014 to now.

I was given over 8 dates, none of which happened. I emailed CEO, put in formal complaints etc and got absolutely nowhere. Never even an explanation why it was taking over 2 and a half years. No local authority takes that long to approve anything, it's just an excuse Virgin use. Odd how BT takes on average 2 weeks to solve high utilisation issues.

Finally BT installed Infinity in my area so I cancelled Virgin at the weekend.

I'm afraid you maybe better taking a 'slower speed' (Lets face it, still faster than Virgin at peak times) until another company comes to your area.

0 Kudos