Menu
grogers497
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Over Utilisation - Area 30 (specfically NG15 7 )

I have been trying to get the fault reference and fault start date for this issue.

Your guys on Twitter say I can have it. I have asked your Executive Complaints Team for it 9 times in writing and they just ignore my request.

0 Kudos
grogers497
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Over Utilisation - Fault Number and Date needed - Area 30 (NG15 7)

I have been chasing for sometime the Fault Number and fault start date.

I have asked countless times but never get it.

I was told by Virgin Media Twitter Team that I can have this.

Also what is my headline speed?

VM Twitter.JPG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over Utilisation - Fault Number and Date needed - Area 30 (NG15 7)

Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't help you get a response any quicker in fact quite the opposite. I have merged your threads.

Unfortunately current staff response times are over a week and that will be exacerbated by the Christmas break.

By headline speed do you mean the up to speed tier you are signed up to?  This should be displayed in your account details on the My Virgin Media section of the site and on your bills.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

grogers497
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am unsure and this is why I ask. I am on the 200MB service.

Ofcom Code of Practice states that 'on cable networks, the access line speed is expected to be consistent with the headline speed'.

I have no clue as to what this is but Ofcom make a point of listing it.

I still await the fault reference number and fault date.

grogers497
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Scott

I have asked VM for the fault reference and date in writing 9 times now. I am not sure how else to ask. I have asked VM via twitter and Facebook. Everyone just ignores the question.

For a communications company their 'communication' is diabolical.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can't speak for the staff that man the social media platforms or the "Executive Complaints Team", but if there is a utilisation issue on your area the forum staff will be able to provide a fault reference number.  As I said previously staff response times on here are over a week and that will be exacerbated by the Christmas / New Year break.

The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread then it will bump you to the bottom of their list. For the quickest response, post once and they will get to you as soon as possible.

With regard to your other question about headline speed. If you are on the Vivid 200 tier then it should be possible to get 200Mbps at off peak times with the right kit e.g. gigabit Ethernet or AC wireless), at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekday and all weekend) speeds can be slower.  I get 200Mbps off peak and around 150Mbps at peak times using a wired gigabit connection.  If your area is suffering with a utilisation issue then peak time speeds could be very low.  As Ofcom currently only require ISPs to quote up to speeds and not average speeds of their customers VM stay within the rules.  Not suggesting for a second that providing poor service is acceptable, just pointing out that Ofcom say lots but do very little to improve things for UK broadband customers IMHO.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey there grogers497,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're currently being affected by an area fault, I know this is frustrating.

I also apologise for the lack of support you've received, we will always do all we can to help here on the community.

I can see that you're being affected by fault: F004314354 which is due for review on the 1st March.

If you keep in touch with us we will be able to provide progress updates. Please bump this thread on or after the review date.

Thanks again for your posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alalx
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They're not going to fix it, move on to a new internet service provider asap. Review dates mean nothing.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003320128 - Ongoing faulty unreliable service from Virgin Media since July 2015
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thats the magic in vm cable

0 Kudos
hucknallred
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm in this area & got connected 2 weeks ago. I got it cancelled, just waiting for the boxes to send the kit back. I still had my Sky ADSL running & have gone back to that.

Not sure if it's a glimmer of hope, but whilst I was on the phone cancelling they said there was a fix date of 26/7, when I say fix this could just be a review. I didn't believe them anyway, I certainly wasn't prepared to pay until that date, with £8 a month overutilization credit. If they do eventually fix it I'll consider going back.

0 Kudos