Menu
Crooooooky
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ossett very poor speed

i have been getting speeds of 2mb/s and ranging up to 146mb/s for months now is the wf5 area... virgin are saying it's due to the amount of people using the network at peak times, this is supposed to be fixed by 23rd November at 1pm.... I'm sorry but when I pay for 200mb/s I expect that service. Can anyone out there give me an update on this issue please before I leave and never come back.

IMG_0185.PNG

0 Kudos
Speedie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ossett very poor speed

I'm in the Wakefield area, Wrenthorpe, we have peak time issues outstanding since Feb 2015.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ossett very poor speed

Evening Crooooooky,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection the upstream power levels are on the high side and for this I would like to book an engineer to check this over. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

I also took a look at the network and it appears that work has been completed over the past few days which saw you move onto a different cable. The data won't be updated for a few more days, however have you noticed an improvement with the speeds at all?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos