Menu
lordiffyboatrac
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only getting about half normal speed despite new hub

Hi

I've been having intermittant internet issues for a while now and at the moment we are getting about 20-30 mb connection from a 75mb line.

Recently when I reported this to the call centre, they sent me out a new superhub 3 router but the problem still exists.

I'm using a wired connection and a ping test reveals occasional packet loss. Wi fi is slow also. 

0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only getting about half normal speed despite new hub

When does this problem occur. All day or just most evenings?

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
lordiffyboatrac
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd say its much worse in the evenings. It seems much better in the morning. 

0 Kudos
lordiffyboatrac
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

at the moment I'm getting faster upload than download! can hardly watch you tube!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lordiffyboatrac, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault F004701440 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 26/04/2017. I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
zzxap19
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if this will help, but I posted in the Speed section that i could get 165mb wired, but only 20mb wireless - on both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz.

After some investigation it seemed it was the router throttling itself, limiting the max speed to 54mb.

Have you tried a wired connection? If you get full speed on a cable but very slow wifi try going into your router settings and clicking the advanced options and then have a look in the Wireless Radio settings to check it's able to access top speed - mine was set to low speed to enable older stuff to connect, but that was not necessary as nothing connecting is more than a couple of years old.
After twaeking I got the 2.4ghz from 20 to 50mb and the 5.0ghz from 20 to 110 - not quite the 150mb VM seem to think I'm on but a signicant increase no?
0 Kudos