Menu
ScottB19
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Only getting 10Mbps download on 200Mb package

Hi,

Looking at the other posts on this forum I'm not holding out much hope for any resolution but here goes.

I just moved to Virgin from Sky a couple of days ago. I'm on the VIVID 200 broadband package and in the evenings over the last three days I'm getting average download speeds of 10Mbps. First thing in the morning though I have recorded download speeds of 193Mbps so I guess that means there's nothing wrong with the equipment. 

I'm disappointed. With Sky broadband I could consistently get 50Mbps at all times of day. But their price hikes over the last couple of years made me move. 

Is there anything that can be done? I don't actually mind not getting the headline speed but have such an unreliable widely varying speed is a bit crap. The 200Mbps claim is a bit misleading. 

Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only getting 10Mbps download on 200Mb package

Hi ScottB19, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're only getting 10 Mbps on a 200 Mbps connection, I apologise for any inconvenience.

Let me start by welcoming you to our forum community! It's great to see so many new faces helping out around here!

I have tested things from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planing to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this. 

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours and the reference number for this is F003827762 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the end of March.

Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, I will need to pass this onto another team who will be in touch with some more information for you. Before I can do that I will need to confirm a few security questions with you, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required. Please respond to me there and I'll pass this on.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ScottB19
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only getting 10Mbps download on 200Mb package

Hi Adam,

Thanks for replying. I have responded to your PM.

Scott.

0 Kudos