Menu
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing very slow Area 30

Hi. I have been having ongoing problems with very poor speeds (and download speeds - especially single thread) for ages now. Area 30 (Mansfield Woodhouse)

150Mb connection and getting fed up now and ready to switch supplier (which is a shame as have been a customer since Diamond Cable days way back when)

Tested on multiple machines/OS, router and modem mode. Help please!

sptst1.PNGtbb120117.PNGtbb2.PNG

0 Kudos
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing very slow Area 30

I think this may just be a yet another over-subscription issue (looking from all the fault refs on many posts on this forum are there many areas that aren't affected!?) as daytime tests are more acceptable and it just worsens throughout the day and peak times it is poor. SuperHub info suggests that all is fine with the modem and connection.Can anyone from VM confirm problems with over subscription or other issues in my area please?

0 Kudos
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have just cancelled mine this morning and going with another provider and would only consider returning once the capacity issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I shall copy this here in case it is of help to anyone else in future:

"

Hello blacko

It does look to be peak time traffic related, really sorry we did not pick this up sooner, in fairness to Emma we have only just managed to get the correct reports from your CMTS. We would like to do some upgrade work, the ticket is F005032077. Please accept our apologies, I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

Many thanks

Nicola

"

0 Kudos