Menu
mark4068
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing slow performance in area 24 stevenage

We have been having slow internet at peak times now for months, its now getting to the state where we are now getting less than 10mb and at times less than 2mb in the evenings ,it starts to slow down most nights  from 5pm until by 7.30 pm on some nights it is unusable.  

This is a graph of the performance over the last month taken from  a linux box connected to the router by ethernet cable.

Is this worth paying for a 200mb service if you dont get it when you want it? 

vm broadband speed.jpeg

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing slow performance in area 24 stevenage

We've had over utilisation in Trotts Hill for more than two years. So far there are 4 F Numbers open in Stevenage for the same problem.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Over-Utilisation-In-Hertfordshire/m-p/3295690#M142326

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
mark4068
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

another unusable evening with my 200mb service  :-(

vm sat eve.jpeg

0 Kudos
cabledan
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its not much better in area 22 and have had no telephone line for 5 1/2 years now.

i know there is more to life like watching paint dry but if your lucky enough to have the telephone service and it works call them and put phone on handsfree whilst doing something far more important and keep complaining and trying to get issue rectified.

i was on a call to vm for 2 hours and 40 minutes ( using my mobile phone) and got nowhere other than having the phone put down on me by someone in customer services

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

( Guide taken from Bartman007 so credit goes to him )

0 Kudos