Menu
GaryW1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing Broadband issues

Hi,

I upgraded to Vivid 200MBPS 3 weeks ago now. When it was installed it worked for the first three days - then went off - engineer came out - changed the hub again - left it in a state where nothing was working - the engineer didn't really know what he was doing. Another engineer came out after 5 days of phone calls to yourselves and replaced the hub again. We now had broadband with speeds of no more than 21MBPS but with the consistency of Aston Villa this season. It was on and off every ten minutes. LITERALLY. I then rang virgin again - they sent me an engineer out two days later - who serviced everything and replaced the hub again. He rang his coach - his coach made him check our local exchange which is literally at the end of my drive - he then found an issue with the exchange - 'the light needs turning brighter' according to his coach.

We were then told that said engineer would submit a report for networks to come out - no network engineer has been out to that said exchange. '48 HOUR TIMEFRAME MAXIMUM ACCORDING TO THE COACH WHO WAS ON LOUDSPEAKER ON THE TECHNICAL ENGINEERS PHONE'

I have rang Virgin again today 28/04/2016 for a 'Team Manager' to fob me off with I will send another engineer out to service everything again. (Now we currently have no broadband again) That engineer is coming this Saturday between 12-4. (Senior engineer after I argued the toss with that 'Team Manager')

Now a bit about myself - I work for British Telecom business. I have been tearing my hair out over these past 3 weeks about this whole scenario - I have taken 3 days off work to meet these engineers who have done absolutely nothing to fix the issue. All repeating the same steps - the 2nd engineer that came left my internet in a completely unusable state. I have submitted everything through my friend in complaints and consulted OFCOM via the ADR and ombudsman. They are extremely alarmed at the managers that have dealt with us over the phone incompetence. They are so alarmed I have been told to submit a full diary log of everything due to the sheer number of complaints about Virgin Media in the past 3 months. Jerry explained that two managers that dealt with me have been addressed as what they didn't do and said they would is a sheer lack negligence. Four managers explained they would call us to book appointments - give us feedback etc. No call ever came - so again I had to ring to speak to somebody else to book an engineer in to get my services fixed.

Now this engineer on Saturday the 30th May 2016 has a real task. He has to fix my issue or provide me with a solution as to how it will be fixed. I already know the reason as to why our broadband is more temperamental than my 3 year old daughter and that is all down to the exchange. However this magical networks team has done nothing to rectify this.

How much longer can this go on?

What will I be offered for this as compensation?

Why has it taken so long to get fixed.. IF IT DOES GET FIXED THIS SATURDAY..

Why do managers not produce the callbacks which they say will over the phone?

If I as a manager offer a customer a callback and do not provide that I will face disciplinary action - I hope to god these managers get investigated so they don't produce the same shoddy customer service with another consumer.

I have made 17 calls to virgin over 3 weeks - 4 managers said they'd call us - 0 DID.

I cannot explain my alienation at this whole drama. How can a company who provides the best broadband on the market not be working around the clock to fix my issue?

I genuinely cannot fathom the absolute incompetence of your employees who I have had the delight to converse with.

I want a speedy resolution to this whole drama and a compensation package that rewards me for my patience and shocking experience over the past 3 weeks.

I will happily send my report to whomever wants it - the report I forward to my colleagues friend within the Ombudsman services.

My discontent has been voiced with the correct people and will be acted upon if within 30 days from point of fault you haven't rectified my issue.

I anticipate your response

Gary Webb

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing Broadband issues

Hey GaryW1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry for the problems you've experienced and the promised callbacks that haven't materialised.

I've run some checks on the connection and everything appears to be online at the moment, though I can see this hasn't been the case consistently since the engineer visit. It appears that the issue is being dealt with by somebody in the area due to the repeat engineer visits that have taken place.

It can take us a few days to reply to items via the forum, though I'm happy to keep an eye on things for you and follow through to the resolution of this issue. At the moment it does look like it's being dealt with and we're currently waiting to hear more.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe Virgin mediocre will give you some recompense for having to stay in whilst they attempt over and over again to resolve your problems?

Sure they have offered this, It would just be courteous to do so, and good customer service......

0 Kudos
GaryW1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No compensation / apology offered.

Months down the line - still not working.

Very unhappy VM customer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi GaryW1, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with poor broadband performance. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I noticed a few time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for this to be investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wow , the delay in getting his terrible situation sorted out is quite pitiful indeed Smiley Frustrated 

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
GaryW1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still no phone call as promised for Katie a manager in Edinburgh about compensation and what the next step of help is. Currently receiving 80MBPS hard wired and 2.2 - 12 Mbps wireless. 2G&5G.

No compensation offered. I'm going to have to file a case to Ombudsman as I'm still being charged £115 per month.

A friend of mine locally has the same issues as me and virgin re contacted him to £34 per month with a recurring credit of £20. So he pays £14 per month. I have been offered nothing to compensate 4 days off work- 3 weeks no services and shocking internet still!!! This has been ongoing for 9 months now. Becoming a joke.
0 Kudos