Menu
lucyhamill
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On Vivis 200mbps only getting 35mbps wifi and 110mbps wired

I have been on Vivid now for a long time and my speeds are shocking compared to what I should be getting.  I have changed the wifi channel and also tested the line wired with an ethernet cable and we are not getting the speeds advertised.  When we switched over we were getting the speeds advertised.  We have had an engineer round to check and he replaced a cable and we are still getting very low speeds.  We have one of the older routers and not sure if that will affect it but we would like the service we are paying for please

0 Kudos
Billsman
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Vivis 200mbps only getting 35mbps wifi and 110mbps wired

I had same issue but slower speeds on upgrade to Vivid 200, rang helpdesk who said I had wrong Router. Was sent Super Hub 3 and now get 200Mb+ both wireless and wired.

Why Virgin don't upgrade router at same time as they upgrade the service.......................

There are teething troubles being experienced with SH3 Router, I can only print from certain devices wirelessly, hoping for software patch/fix soon.

lucyhamill
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can any moderator please get in touch so we can arrange a SH3 being sent out please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lucyhamill

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds, I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your account the Super Hub that you have is capable of achieving 200 Mbps. However I did notice that the downstream power levels are too low and the upstream is too high. As this can cause an impact on your connection, I would like to book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lucyhamill
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

URGENT

hi,

I have made 3 payments within the last 24 hours to bring my account under its credit limit.  I have noticed that my account for the next coming bill is in credit by using one of the payments I made.  Please can you not reduce the amount owed by this amount (£36.91) so my services will resume?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT

@lucyhamill

You will need to ring up for this, not sure the forum team can help you because of the DPA (they might be able to).

BUT,

The forum team have a response time of between 1-2 weeks currently. This is why you will need to call in for advice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT

Hi lucyhamill,

Many thanks for your post.

As mentioned by Shafreya, we would require for you to call the team to discuss this further.

You can call our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos