Menu
Vak
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Odd problem with my connection, angry at customer service!

Although I have had a few faults in my time with VM this is the first time I have felt the need to register on these forums and actually post something, so please bear with me.

My broadband is the 100MB Vivid thingy.

First off let me try to describe my fault, when browsing the net lets say on Imgur going from post to post everything is fine then suddenly my browser (Chrome and Firefox makes no difference) gets very slow to the point where it just hangs, eventually receiving messages about unable to load page or connect to server.  This then last several minutes before going back to normal, often I feel my browsing is laggy too, things taking longer than I think they should to load especially images on news sites for example.

But some programs that already has a connection does not lose it, so Teamspeak the voice chat software keeps working I do not get kicked from online games I am playing nor do they seemingly suffer from lag at all.  But some programs do lose their connection such as the AiM chat messenger (yes it still exists!).

I suffered with these problems for a few weeks before contacting VM about the problem, the call centre I got through to could barely understand me as I explained the issue and kept saying I was losing my internet connection but I kept telling them that is not an accurate assessment of the problem.  After a long conversation they booked a VM technician to call to my house today 14/03 anytime between 12 and 4pm.

Having had to take a day off work, my boss being unhappy with that and having to lose a day's pay for the privilege I was dismayed as 4pm came and went. So of course I call VM they tell me they can see that I spoke to a member of staff the previous week, the notes say she booked a visit but she did not actually book one so I took the day off work for nothing. Now as you can imagine this did not improve my mood they rebooked another day for someone to attend my property next week so I will have to take another day off from work.

After a long conversation the man I spoke with today finally offered me some recompense on my bill, not for their screw up, not for the inconvinience caused, or hassle but merely because I am not receiving the service I am paying for.

So my question is twofold does anyone know what might be causing this fault it seems very strange to me and is it worth me making a complaint about the failure of member of staff to book a visit and me wasting a day due to their error? I feel as though I have been treated very poorly especially considering I have been with VM for years.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Odd problem with my connection, angry at customer service!

Why dont you book a timeslot for when your off work?
0 Kudos
Vak
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I work 6 days a week and relatively long hours by the time you add travel into the mix there just is not a time slot that works. Of course I do not work that much all the time but right now things are really busy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Vak,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm so sorry for the issues with the broadband connection and for the engineer not being booked. I can happen this has been quite frustrating.

I've taken a look at your connection, and the downstream power levels are too low at - 8 dBmV. As this can cause an impact on your broadband this would need an engineer visit to adjust these. If you are available for an engineer appointment, by all means reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F005128753 and has a review date of 10th May.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos