Menu
montyfade
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

OMG i think im still on dial up!!

Virgin media  have become a complete joke and to a point theives.............my super lightning 200mb broadband is flying down at an amazing 5mbps..........fast huh? i had an engineer call today to fix the issue or so he said.......just looked at modem mumbled a sentence performed speed test and that was it....he looked really pleased with himself that my download speed was now 122 mbps even though it was 130 plus before he arrived.. Called  Vm tech help after it dropped back to the lightning 5mbps at 17:30 the guy then tried with all his knowledge to sort my problem even to the point of wanting to take remote access of my pc................that was the final straw.....it took me another 20 mins to speak to somebody who actually admitted that yea theres a problem with over subscribing in your area.................but will be sorted by March 29th  didnt say what year though!! Got my insulting  £10 per month reduction as there service is poxy........think im done with vm ......planning a bonfire soon to throw all there gear on ....feel free to join me if your in the area. Thats my rant over for now im off to  the the enemy to see what deals there offering.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OMG i think im still on dial up!!

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

All Replies
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OMG i think im still on dial up!!

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos