Menu
GemJar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nowhere near 200mb connection area 20

Hi

Really struggling for help and usually just get fobbed off on the phone - we don't get anywhere near the connection speeds we pay for and although we've followed all advice (router not near electrical items etc), we don't get anywhere near 200mb.

Every time I go on the status checker it tells me that there are no known issues in my area, then when I run the test it tells me a problem was found and that they're fixing it and to wait for 10 minutes, usually nothing else happens.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Gemma

0 Kudos
urmstonrichard
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nowhere near 200mb connection area 20

I have this issue as well (same area in Manchester) - download speed is approx 14mb.  I have phoned up and they give me a £12 credit each month I remember to phone up to complain.  They have told me there is an issue with a resolution date of 20th January (problem has been ongoing for at least 6 months),

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gemma,

Thanks for joining the community, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection and nothing is standing out at the moment. Can I ask if you're using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? If you've previously tested the wireless, please test again with an Ethernet cable connected, if you don't have a cable, let me know.

Do you notice if the speed changes at certain times of the day / night?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
YozzerHughes
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same area and have the same problem. I was told last year that it's going to be fixed in January but I can see on the community boards that other people reporting the same problem have since been told there's no problem and nothing to be done. Virgin gave me money off my bill, so ask for the same. 

0 Kudos