Menu
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Now upgraded to 150mb but not seeing it.

I have had the notification on MyVirginMedia account to say that my connection has been upgraded from 100mb to 150mb as part of the free upgrade. But I am yet to see it happen on my hub and its been a week or so now since the upgrade.

I have turned it off, unplugged it and restarted but it is still only showing 100mb (I can't remember the exact downspeed that it says on the router status but its no where near 150mb).

What do I have to do to get the 150mb speed initialised?  I am still on the superhub 1, should I have been sent a newer hub to get the quicker speed or should the superhub 1 cope ok?

BTW in case it has anything to do with it, I have the hub set to modem only.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Now upgraded to 150mb but not seeing it.

Hello tubbychris,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're not receiving the correct speed. We will need to upgrade your equipment.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your delivery address.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The SH1 is capable of handling 150Mbps, if you move to 200Mbps or higher then you would need a newer hub, but it is not unheard of round here for the systems to occasionally fail to push the new config when you change speeds.  Being in modem mode shouldn't be an issue, I got moved from 152 to 200 while my hub was in modem mode.

You could try a pinhole reset of the hub to see if that forces it to pickup your new 150Mbps config, note that this will force the hub back to router mode and reset all passwords.  Failing that you could call VM and ask them to push the new config to the hub or wait for the VM forum staff to get this thread in 7-10 days and help you out.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I made a mistake.  The SH1 can't be used for the new 150Mb tier as there is no config for it, but it can and was used for the old 152Mbps tier which is what I was thinking you had been upgraded to.  It appears that when VM rejigged their tiers they decided not to have a 150Mbps config for the SH1 and you should have been sent a newer hub when you went through the upgrade process.

Best to call VM and point out you need a newer hub and sorry for any confusion caused.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello tubbychris,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're not receiving the correct speed. We will need to upgrade your equipment.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your delivery address.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out