Menu
joey_b
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not getting close to 100MB during peak hours (SG2 area)

Early in the morning I can get 92Mbps so my connection is capable of the advertised speed, but in the evening (6-11pm) I'm average around 25Mbps and sometimes as low as 11Mbps.  This is on devices connected to the router via LAN cables.  This is the time I'm most likely to use it so I'm really not happy to be getting a quarter of the advertised speed, especially as it's clearly possible to get the full speed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting close to 100MB during peak hours (SG2 area)

Slow speeds only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting years for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey joey_b,

Thanks for joining us here on the forum Smiley Very Happy

I apologise for the connection problems you're experiencing.

I'm afraid that Scott's suspicions are true. We do have a fault in your area, the ref is: F004432085 and it's due for review on the 28th Dec.

If you get back in touch with us on or after the review date we can provide an update.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for your patience.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
joey_b
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any news on the review of this fault?  It's past Dec-28th and I've just done a speed test and got 15Mbps at 9:45pm!  It's not acceptable to be getting 15% of what you paid for outside of peak hours!

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Our fault has been ongoing for two years here in Pin Green. Still no sign of a fix date.
F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
joey_b
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can I please have an update on fault F004432085?  I was ignored last time and now my connection is even worse - currently 2.5Mbps and earlier it was below 1Mbps - absolutely unacceptable when I'm paying for 100Mbps.  If I don't get an update I will be demanding to be released from my contract as I'm simply not getting a usable service, let alone what I pay for.

0 Kudos
nbcaldon
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the sub 1Mb/s club.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again joey_b,

Good to hear back from you, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're still struggling with your speed. I'm sorry to report the area fault is still on-going and will be reviewed again on the 31 MAY 2017 09:00. Please accept my sincere apologies, thanks for your patience.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos