Menu
ihavenoservice
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not Getting The Right Service?

Hi there,

I was checking my current broadband speed & price vs what Virgin currently offers. So my account is for up to 30Mbps for which I am paying over £31.

My account has a banner atop which states:

"Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…"

"Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 30Mbps to up to 70Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between July 2015 and July 2015"

I also notice from the Virgin main sales page that the current speed/price they now do up to 50Mbps for £32.25 per month.

So my question is, for what I currently pay every month what speed should I actually be getting as an existing customer? 50Mbps or 70Mbps? What I do know is my current 30Mbps sounds like a slow service?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ihavenoservice
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not Getting The Right Service?

Bump
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bumping puts you to the back of the queue for a VM reply.

Although it's pretty relatively easy to say things here.

You failed to take the last free upgrade to 50Mbs but as that is now standard bottomline you can get your package upgraded to 50Mbs at least for no fee. Depending on what your speedboost is doing you could be straight away boosted to 70Mbs for free, looks a little off right now what you posted though.

Your best bet is calling up and asking for your free speed boost.

Potentially you are on an old hub as well (superhub1?) so you could upgrade that too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
ihavenoservice
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great thanks for the advice. I thought I had moved too far down the list since yesterday. I will do as you suggest and request. Many thanks

0 Kudos