Menu
Bear308
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No upload.

Hi all,

first post and unfortunately it's a complaint.  This is the second day I have no upload speed.  (area 21) Speedtest.net reports it as 0.0.  It's not what I pay for.  I don't think it's an internal problem as my neighbor had the same thing on Saturday.  I tried to run the service test, but that just flashes an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle and refuses any further testing.   

Apparently, this is not a new or exceptional problem.  Virgin media does not have an email support, pr a Facebook page.  They obviously don't want to hear when there is a problem.  Anyone care to point me in the direction of someone who can get it fixed?

Thanks,

Bear308

0 Kudos
Bear308
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No upload.

O.K,  I've now spent two days trying to contact someone regarding my non existent broadband.  So, if my service is not up and running by Friday, I'm off elsewhere. The DD set for February has been suspended and no further payments will be made until my service is fixed.  I don't pay for **bleep** service!  As to your terms and conditions, I'm the one paying so it's my terms and conditions that count.  No online support in this day and age is unforgivable, as is the amount of dissatisfied customers Virgin Media has.  I won't be able to post here again as it's taken me well over an hour just to post this.

FRIDAY, FIX IT OR **bleep** OFF!

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if you don't pay they will come after you and it will affect your credit rating. unhappy or not, simply cancelling the dd is very unwise.
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

jamesofmerton wrote:
if you don't pay they will come after you and it will affect your credit rating. unhappy or not, simply cancelling the dd is very unwise.

Agreed, cancelling the Direct Debit will just cause problems in future when other companies see you've defaulted on paying bills.

@Bear308 Please could you post your connection stats? Go to http://192.168.100.1 but don't log in, just click Router status which will either be a button at the top right, or a link at the bottom of the screen, depending on which Hub you have. Then copy/paste (or screenshot) the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log pages. That may shed a light on the problem. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Bear308,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with the upload speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is an issue with the upstream power levels being too high. I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please and with some additional information.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos