Menu
rucci123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No Internet - Area Ref 22 - At First very Slow and a complete No

I've been experiencing a slow internet speed of about 0.5 MBPS having paid for a 100 Mbps connection ( Barking IG11 ) over the pas week which effected the Tivo Box.

An engineer came out a week ago ( i didn't realise that there an issue with the internet speed at the time as i just come back from holiday , what a great start ! ) to look at the Tivo as the channels were pixelating. After having reboot the Tivo and without waiting to complete the resetup of the Tivo box left as assumption that it will be ok . Once the box restarted , same issue.

Then realised that the internet was slow and now i've lost the internet connection completely - having read the forums it seems like a nation wide problem ( not the bank ) . 

The engineer is coming again on the 24th Dec to look at both of the issues , if its a nation wide issue i wonder what he's actually going to do - fix everyone's problem by coming to see my connection ?

Done all the usuall checks and restarts ( just in case i get the usual VM response ) . I dont think my issue will get resolved however i do know it would get resolved in the new customers realise that they are not getting the speeds they were promised , cancel their subscriptions , which would ease the load off the inrastructure and wait till it happens again in December 2017 when they start offering promotions just before Christmas !

I'll wait till the 24th and see what happens !  Anyone with similar issues in and around the Barking area  ?

0 Kudos
rucci123
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet - Area Ref 22 - At First very Slow and a complete No

The virgin media site now says that the problem is an area wide problem - They have cancelled the engineer that was supposed to come out and look at the problem.

Capture1.PNG

So for those out there in Area - Check your broadband speeds at 16:00 today as well as your Tivo Box's.

Thanks.

0 Kudos