Menu
Solarizer23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New install of Vivid 200 Area 20 - Not getting anywhere near this speed

Hi, already have posted another thread but never got anywhere. My speed drops are bizarre all within a 5 mins period. The online test never completes, and the website states there are no issues in my area (clearly wrong) I'm an avid gamer and have not turned my xbox one on since Christmas there is no point!

0 Kudos
adam16234
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install of Vivid 200 Area 20 - Not getting anywhere near this speed

Same situation here no issues on service status and can't even get above 10mbps downloads speed at anypoint in the day. This has been going on since June last year and Virgin are still advertising 200mbps in the area it's ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install of Vivid 200 Area 20 - Not getting anywhere near this speed

@Solarizer23 No evidence of your own thread when looking at the posts on your profile so I have moved this post to a separate thread.

The service status page will only show area faults that impact multiple customers.  If there is a fault with your hub or your line it will not show on the status page.  Also peak time utilisation faults do not show on the service status page.

Your options now are post hub stats so that the community can try to help or wait for the forum staff to get to this thread and see what their tests reveal.

FYI The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread or are having a conversation between members then it will bump you to the bottom of their list.

@adam16234 Pointless posting a "me too" post on somebody else's thread, especially when you have your own thread, just delays the OP from getting a staff response. I have posted on your thread.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos