Menu
Claire121
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New broadband slow

I got my new services yesterday vip package so keen for the new set up all channels and hd and also the new super 200mb sure to be an improvement on previous services. Tried a few speed tests yesterday and only got between 125mb and 138mb. Wasn't too bothered as should be more than enough but not the advertised speed. Had 100mb virgin bb before and got between 90mb and 105mb all the time?

However today it is showing speeds of only 30mb, online tests says no faults and have reset router, hoping not to have to be on the phone to customer services already.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers?
0 Kudos
Claire121
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New broadband slow

Checked it again this morning about 4.30am and just now and still the same speed of about 30mb so something must of changed since Wednesday when it was installed?
0 Kudos
Claire121
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok so it's a wifi issue, had a couple more speedtests and getting the odd higher speed and one of 115mb a while ago. However when I do a wired test I am getting 200mb or there abouts.

So what settings are to be altered or best channels to use?

Thanks if someone can shed some light on this superhub 3 had superhub 2 which wasn't too bad.
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A free wifi analyser app will let you see what channels your neighbours are using. Usually connecting via 5G will be faster than 2.4G, but 2.4G tends to have a longer range. Problems can also be caused by interference from other wireless devices. These would not be shown on the wifi analyser app but can sometimes be found by trial and error.

If you have a low wifi signal level this can sometimes be improved by relocating or reorientation of the SHub, or failing this by purchasing a powerline wifi access point kit.
0 Kudos
Claire121
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had a superhub 2 up until Tuesday this week and it worked fine no interference or issues with devices at home or neighbours
0 Kudos