Menu
Lloydyboii93
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New box

When i moved I upgraded my package. When the guy came out to complete the installation, I never got a new router and is always playing up. After reading se feeds I think this may be being cause by the router. When i called virgin they told me that my speed was running a 1.23mbps yet I pay for the 100mbps. And explained that this was due to so many people in my area blocking up the line. This sounds like rubbish to me. Another time was because I had restrictions on my account but couldn't explain what it was. What do people think about this. I'm considering leaving because it's fairly poor.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box

The people blocking up the line is the simple way of saying there is a utilisation issue.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lloydyboii93,

Apologies for your connection issues. My tests show the Hub is reporting high downstream power levels and this may well be the cause of the problems you've been having. 
I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment.

Keep us updated on what happens. If the power levels being reduced doesn't resolve matters I'll take another look into this for you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Lloydyboii93
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Thank you replying. I do apologise but unfortunately the envelop isn't anywhere to be found. I am on my mobile u don't know if this would effect it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should still show on mobile, it does for me:

Top of the page to the right of the avatar. Should be a bell and an envelope. You want the envelope.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble locating your message from Jen,

As mentioned by Shafreya, you can locate this via your Community profile near the top right corner, next to your picture.

Hope this helps,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos