Menu
joesci
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New VIVID 200 customer, very slow speeds.

Hi,

We recently left Sky due to their dodgy business practices and sky high prices.

We jumped on the Full House + Movies package (This comes with the 200mb speed) and were told on the phone that the speed would be available right away. We recieved a brand new Hub 3.0 and I checked the max downstream speed and it was indeed set to 200Mb. On the first day we had no problems whatsoever, WiFi speed was 160Mb (peak time on a wednesday) which I was more than happy with and our powerline adapters were hitting 86Mb. Again, happy with this as adapters are notoriously slow.

Flash forward two weeks and far off peak the wifi struggles to hit 80mb (I'm talking 2-3am), and our powerlines barely make 30Mb. Peak time speeds? Wifi at 40Mb and Powerlines hovering around 15Mb.

Whats going on? East Leeds Area, LS15.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BrianY
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New VIVID 200 customer, very slow speeds.

Welcome to Leeds low speed service!
Currently using 200Mb/20Mb game service.
About 6miles away from you living in Bramley, difference is I'm monitoring 24/7 to verify speeds.
My off peak period looks to be 8.00am to 1.00pm max speed, the rest could be as low as 70Mb to 80Mb at about 1.00-3.00am.
Feedback from the Virgin technical team could be 7-10days.
0 Kudos

All Replies
joesci
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

bumping this before it falls off the page as I attempted to call up virgin 3 times today to no avail.

i must also note that the wifi speeds quoted are sat right next to the router, and after testing wired speeds they are sat at around 50mb @ peak and 85mb off peak.

i sincerely doubt it is an oversubscription issue as my area is quiet and populated mainly with older people.

0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Welcome to Leeds low speed service!
Currently using 200Mb/20Mb game service.
About 6miles away from you living in Bramley, difference is I'm monitoring 24/7 to verify speeds.
My off peak period looks to be 8.00am to 1.00pm max speed, the rest could be as low as 70Mb to 80Mb at about 1.00-3.00am.
Feedback from the Virgin technical team could be 7-10days.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello joesci

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing slower speeds, we would like to investigate further for you but are unable to identify your connection from the forum data. I will send you a forum private message to gather some more information, please reply when you have a moment.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos