Menu
klaus200
Joining in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

New Customer - Slow speeds

As a new customer for 3 days of virgin media, I can only say this. 1st day internet went down, 2nd day terrible latency, spikes, download speed and 3rd day here i'm looking for a solution on forums. I have tried everything they advised on help threats and forums, nothing works, same 5mb download speed instead of 100 and same 120+ ping.I only want to warn other new potential victimis (clients), don't make the same mistake that I've done by joining Virgin Media, look somewhere else. They charge standard prices for illusory broadbands!

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Now_no_hope
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lies, lies, lies!

klaus200 wrote:

As a new customer for 3 days of virgin media, I can only say this. 1st day internet went down, 2nd day terrible latency, spikes, download speed and 3rd day here i'm looking for a solution on forums. I have tried everything they advised on help threats and forums, nothing works, same 5mb download speed instead of 100 and same 120+ ping.I only want to warn other new potential victimis (clients), don't make the same mistake that I've done by joining Virgin Media, look somewhere else. They charge standard prices for illusory broadbands!

Hi when VM do reply it will go something like this!!

"I am sorry to hear about your slow speeds issues, I can appreciate these kinds of problems are frustrating so apologies for any inconvenience.

I've had a looked at your connection for you and I can see that all looks Ok, no errors or any other cause detected.

I did notice that we are planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our network in your area, the upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during peak hours.

The reference number is F00 Blah Blah and is coming up for review on some date!! that will pass and a new one given nothing happens well apart from VM signing up more customers who get no speed like yourself, for any further updates on this ticket then just post back here closer to the date and we'll reply some time take a look for you.

How are you connected wireless? then they will blame your WiFi Also do your speeds slow down at specific times, yes you know like the times you want to use it like normal people in the evening, you will get good speed at 5AM in the morning like i can not much use to most.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,"

Look through the post there are many many with the exact problem you and me suffer on and on, there system cannot support the user there are now. And with another free speed upgrade coming things will get worse, sorry to bring this to you but it is how it is VM BB is a joke.

Regards Now_no_hope ...

Virgin Media Optic Fibre- The quickist route to crippled broadband!!
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to that, get at least 2 years minimum of patients and self control ready, because your going to need it.

BT stops when they have too many customers and have to wait for more equipment, VM just pile them on and over subscribes the whole system, With BT wholesale FTTC, Infinity 1, its a 1:1 ratio connection, that means its your line and only yours, the only let down with BT is DLM, which I understand will be the thing of the past next year. VM's solution is to pile more customers on single fibre only supposed to hold so many customers.

(Just waiting for the VM fanboys to delete my post now)

Enjoy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
calicopop
Joining in
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm I recognise this "I am sorry to hear about your slow speeds issues, blah blan blah...." depressing.

So why do you guys stay with Virgin if the service is so bad?

0 Kudos
Can7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

thats good to know about BT 1:1 ratio connection i fed up with a crap connection and BT seems a good option for me as im out of contract

0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

You have a 14 day right to cancel Klaus.

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

BT do not 1:1 for what they charge they simply cant.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
BT do not 1:1 for what they charge they simply cant.

Oh yes they do, on Infinity 2, try it!

I see I put Infinity 1, it's a typo Smiley Tongue 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

our infinity 2 business connections are not 1:1
0 Kudos
scaramoosh
Joining in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Yup it's **bleep** but there is no competition and net neutrality is going away so it'll get worse.

0 Kudos