Menu
Frazer_Carlisle
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New 200mb very very slow

Hello,

We have just recently signed up to the virgin package and took out the 200mb broadband.  Initially the speeds looked great, speed checks were coming back at 70-80mb.  

Now over the past month they have dropped to 20-40mb? What is going on, we are getting about 15% of the advertised speed?

Also, possibly completely un-related some HD channels are quite "crackly" with disrupted picture quality.

Please help!!!!

Michael

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 200mb very very slow

Are you using WiFi or a wired connection? And do you find the speeds are poor all the time, or just at peak time? (Evenings/weekends)

If you could post your connection stats that will show if there's any obvious problems. Go to http://192.168.100.1 but don't sign in, just click Router Status which should be either a button at the top right, or a link at the bottom of the screen, depending on which hub you have. Then copy/paste or post a screenshot of the Upstream, Downstream and Network log pages.

0 Kudos
Frazer_Carlisle
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, please see the results below.  We are mainly using on evenings/weekends and always on wireless.

UPSTREAMUPSTREAM

UPSTREAMUPSTREAMDOWNSTREAM 1DOWNSTREAM 1DOWNSTREAM2DOWNSTREAM2NET LOG 1NET LOG 1NET LOG 2NET LOG 2NET LOG 3NET LOG 3

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frazer_Carlisle,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your services.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos