Menu
samuelL94
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Never seen download speed like this!

Already 4 days that my internet is running with this ridiculous speed!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Images removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

Got the SH2 logs,downs and ups:Desktop 12.30.2016 - 17.03.19.03.pngDesktop 12.29.2016 - 19.07.18.01.pngDesktop 12.31.2016 - 12.28.41.07.png

I've read some other topics in the community and I'm not the only one with the slow speed around area 20. One thing that bothers me is the BQM test. After midnight I've started to record the latency and the packet loss on thinkbroadband webside the results are:

I hope to get a respond and even fix ASAP because its awful to log in to an online game with over a million of people and see this in your latency:
World Of Warcraft 12.31.2016 - 01.09.16.04.png 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Never seen download speed like this!

Your connection is a mess, Downstream power levels and SNR yoo low and the upstream is too high.

It might be worth checking the Coax cable from the hub to the cable entry point for obvious signs of damage and all connectors are hand tight.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

All Replies
ChihuahuaChloe
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I am suffering with very similar issues; my Internet Connection is meant to be achieving 200 Mb/s in Download speeds, but most of the time it stays around 60 Mb/s.
0 Kudos
samuelL94
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
samuelL94
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your connection is a mess, Downstream power levels and SNR yoo low and the upstream is too high.

It might be worth checking the Coax cable from the hub to the cable entry point for obvious signs of damage and all connectors are hand tight.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

samuelL94
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot for the respond and for the tightening check on the connections!

https://s24.postimg.org/a0gzlzsqt/IMG_2350.jpg the nut between the main cable witch is in my wall and the box thingy that is separating the broadband and TV connections was loosened and I just gave it a tight twist with my hands and SUCCESS ! Everything went back as usual: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5927214806 !

Thank you again for the good advice and happy holidays Smiley Happy !

0 Kudos
ChihuahuaChloe
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That is really good to be informed about; congratulations on your success!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

samuelL94 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the respond and for the tightening check on the connections!

https://s24.postimg.org/a0gzlzsqt/IMG_2350.jpg the nut between the main cable witch is in my wall and the box thingy that is separating the broadband and TV connections was loosened and I just gave it a tight twist with my hands and SUCCESS ! Everything went back as usual: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5927214806 !

Thank you again for the good advice and happy holidays Smiley Happy !

No, Problem, glad it is working

Happy New Year to you.

0 Kudos