Menu
robgooch
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Network speed

Hi - I have finally reached breaking point with my Virgin broadband service and just wanted to find out if there is anybody else out there experiencing the same problems. We are currently paying for a 200Mbps broadband service with Virgin but to date the fastest speed achieved using the speed test application available via Virgin is 12Mbps! Quite often it gets as low as 2Mbps!. I cannot even listen to music on You Tube without it breaking up. Websites take forever to load and once loaded doing anything within the website is painfully slow. We have spoken to Virgin several times regarding this and were basically told that the system is over-resourced (i.e. they have signed up too many customers to their existing infrastructure!). How can they advertise their "super fast service with Virgin fibre" when they cannot even keep their existing customers running at decent broadband speeds. I live in Brighton where Virgin fibre is installed under the pavement right outside my house NOT in the middle of the countryside! Please let me know if you are experiencing the same nightmare!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network speed

Hey there robgooch,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds because of a fault in your area. These faults can be really frustrating so please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. While we can't quicken up the process, we can keep you informed, so please stick around and let us know if there's anything specific we can help with.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos