Menu
jwball
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NG19 Area 30 Dreadfully slow

After the engineer came out and changed the hub and outside filter the evening speeds have still been terrible.  Getting anywhere from 0.8 meg to at best 5. Asked if I can cancel as I'm not getting anywhere near the 100 I'm paying for and was told I'd have to wait 6 months for my contract to finish. Surely this isn't legal?

0 Kudos
neilorourke252
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NG19 Area 30 Dreadfully slow

Hey Mate

like most areas area 30 has a High Utilization fault logged the next "Review" date is 8th march

I'm also in area 30 and already seen 3 "Review" dates pass mate sure to ring and ask about it as i get bits refunded to my account

the fault code i was given is F004702131
0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jwball, from telephone conversations I have had, in response to my emails to the "CEO", there should be no barrier to you leaving immediately, without charge, if VM are not delivering anywhere near their advertised speeds, due to over-utilisation. 

I am in NG19 and area 30 and am suffering very poor performance.  I will wait and see what the alledged May 17th review date brings, in the meantime requesting credits against my account.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but you should be able to leave, without penalty,  if you wish.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there jwball,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds. May I ask what speeds you're getting if you test your connection from a hard-wired device? Does your speed fluctuate at different times of the day / night?

Hope to hear back from you soon and apologies again for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jwball
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

I'm getting 103 wirelessly  at 6:00AM, and 3 or less in the evening from 6-10:30PM.

We did a wired test on Wednesday night and managed to get around 8 but this was sustainable and kept dropping to 3.

The technical guy I got put through to started mentioning the cable could be bad and he needed to book a senior engineer out, but there is clearly nothing wrong with the cable.  I feel that I am basically being fobbed off on the back of capacity issues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey jwball,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I understand what you're saying and I can see there's a fault in your area that's responsible for reducing peak time speeds under ref: F004407686 which is being reviewed on the 22nd of this month.

If you bump this post on or after the 22nd we will provide a progress update.

Thanks for your patience.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos