Menu
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 1 of 182
Flag for a moderator

NE31 AREA? DONT SIGN UP TO VM

If you are thinking about signing up to Virgin Media and live in this area DONT. The speeds you will receive during peak times are anything between 0-5. This "utilisation problem" has been well known for almost 1 year and still nothing has changed.

Better off waiting and checking that the problem has been fixed before wasting your money on nothing. The next review date is 11/03/15. I will keep updating this as it keeps getting pushed back as people deserve honesty and you simply wont get it from Virgin Media as they are continuing to add more people to the already broken service without being truthful to customers, then once you are in the contract they wont let you leave without heavy charges.

It also shows up that the broadband status is "good service" obviously a complete lie as they know of this fault which is affecting  everyone in this area.

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Re: NE31 AREA? DONT SIGN UP TO VM

The Fault checker should at least give a warning that the area is suffering from High utilisation but I doubt the will ever do that as it seems like they are just adding customers to already congested areas that can't handle it.

My review date is April 29 and if not resolved I will be moving to another provider since its not just slow its constantly disconnecting during peak times because of the high load.

0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 3 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Bestie wrote:

The Fault checker should at least give a warning that the area is suffering from High utilisation but I doubt the will ever do that as it seems like they are just adding customers to already congested areas that can't handle it.

My review date is April 29 and if not resolved I will be moving to another provider since its not just slow its constantly disconnecting during peak times because of the high load.

My review date is the 11/03/15 and have been promised it will be fixed by then.

My 30 days notice is already in and if it is not fixed by then I am gone.

0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 4 of 182
Flag for a moderator

This is as good as it gets -

Share Image

0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 5 of 182
Flag for a moderator

^^^^^^^^^^^^

0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 6 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Share Image

0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 7 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Superfast broadband

Share Image

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 182
Flag for a moderator

hmmmmm - no wish to contradict you but are you sure of your facts - i live in BD4 - i have utilisation on my cable - its not as bad as yours but its there 

my daughter lives in BD4 about half a mile away - she has no utilisation problems and gets full speeds - so its not as simple as a main post code and they wont let us post the full post code - i wonder why?

i take no issue with you regarding they should be more open and up front - they certainly should not knowingly sign new users to a utilised area 

Tony
0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 9 of 182
Flag for a moderator

My mam and dad, sister, five aunties, neighbours and many people on this forum alone that live in all different areas of Ne31 makes me as sure as I can be without knocking on every door with my laptop and testing them myself.

Share Image

It gets worse!

0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 10 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Every night it is unusable.

Share Image

0 Kudos