Menu
jeremytapsell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

N16 London Broadband speeds

Hi Forum team,

I am writing because I am unhappy with how my broadband is being delivered to my house. I am on the 70mbps plan, which is supposedly a fibre/copper combi-connection (even though its advertised as fibre).  This is fine, I can get 70mbps (ethernet and wireless) throughout the day, however once it is past 7 - 8pm at night the speeds drop considerably to below 10mbps.  This is happening maybe 5 nights out of 7 a week.  I am over it.

I have called tech support in the past and been through all the rigmarole of keeping on top of my complaints, which does indeed pay off with discounts.  But now I am sick of doing this. I don't want to have to call up and log a complaint with virgin media customer support.  It is disruptive to my night and can take a significant amount of my time. AND it is stressful.  I propose a solution to you.  I can log my complaints here, on this thread, and YOU can pass this info onto your customer support team, and they can work out the discount.

Regards,

Jeremy Tapsell

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: N16 London Broadband speeds

Morning Jeremy

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting.

Many apologies for the slow broadband speeds you are currently experiencing.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004051826 and with a review date of 9th November.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jeremytapsell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So every night this past week and moving into the new week has been slow.  tonight it is between 1 mbps and 2 mbps.

0 Kudos
jeremytapsell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI there - 

Tonight is the worst 1.1 mbps max speed.  Please let me know if you can compensate me for this. 

880 kbps is a joke

Fast.PNG

0 Kudos
jeremytapsell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See - if your website - just accurately stated that there was an Issue, there would be no problem!  How hard is that???issues.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault (F004051826) and the review date is still showing as 9th November.

In regards to our Service Status page, this will show faults with post code areas rather than high peak time traffic faults as these affect cable lines. .

Nearer the review date we will be in touch with more information in regards to this issue. I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos