Menu
Kagato
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My upload rate is a bit low

So i just started noticing around the tail end of last year that my upload rate had dropped to 2mb and will fluctuate to nearly 3mb and 1.5mb.  My download rate is great at 60mbs and i was thinking of upgrading but i compared my brother's settings with what i am getting (he lives one street away) and his upload is sitting at 12mbs. 

I would ask if this was normal but for my brother to be at 12mbs and me at 2mb there has to be something wrong, can someone have a look?  I have noticed my network disconnects just after midnight for around 10 mins which is no big deal but i have had issues going on 3 years now with my network flatlining for days on end once/twice a year and no one seems to know whats going on.  Might be time for you guys to invest in some new cabling or a new box for our area?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My upload rate is a bit low

What package are you on? The upload speed is based on the package.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What package are you on? The upload speed is based on the package.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Kagato
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I actually hadn't checked that, it looks like 2.9mbs is the upload for the package i'm on which i still feel is very low looking at virtually every other provider.  I'll need to have a look into upgrading to one of the higher levels as i need a much higher upload for the work i am now involved in.  I think when i originally signed up the area i live in was only able to get a lower download so i didn't see the point in paying for a higher speed when i couldn't actually get it, this has now changed so thanks for taking the time to reply ^_^

0 Kudos