Menu
Loudrichard
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My super slow broadband in March 2017

I posted this elsewhere but I think the post should be here because I am in the Notorious Area 30.

I live in NG18 5GZ. I regularly get 200 Mb/s (wired to Superhub) during the morning, today it was 220 at 1pm.

Come 4 or 5 oclock and I get 8 Mb/s until 11.00pm or midnight. (My Upload speed is about 16 Mb/s so twice as fast as download!)Then it  gradually rises again.

I have called Virgin twice in the last 4 weeks, and each time been given a £12 credit on my bill. Three weeks ago they said it was due to upgrading that would be complete in a week. Yesterday they said it would improve on 3rd May 2017 (that's 2 months away).   I believe the connection is probably just way overloaded when the kids come in from school and folk go online after they get in from work. I live  a very short distance from the two  local Virgin server industrial units, on Hermitage Way Mansfield but that isn't a hive of activity as far as I can tell, often no vans outside.

200 down to 8!  Every day! I've done all the resets, checked router settings, etc etc many times.  I pay about £95 a month for TV (no sport or movies) and fast broadband.   Any suggestions from you Virgin experts?   Is this kind of drop becoming normal? Thank you.08031712.1pm.JPG march6th17.JPG

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My super slow broadband in March 2017

Area 30 on Virgin Media Fibre? Unusable for anything other than posting on forums so that's all I'm doing.

Lee 

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Me too and I'm starting to get into "crusade mode" Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
pcov76
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loudrichard wrote:

I posted this elsewhere but I think the post should be here because I am in the Notorious Area 30.

I live in NG18 5GZ. I regularly get 200 Mb/s (wired to Superhub) during the morning, today it was 220 at 1pm.

Come 4 or 5 oclock and I get 8 Mb/s until 11.00pm or midnight. (My Upload speed is about 16 Mb/s so twice as fast as download!)Then it  gradually rises again.

I have called Virgin twice in the last 4 weeks, and each time been given a £12 credit on my bill. Three weeks ago they said it was due to upgrading that would be complete in a week. Yesterday they said it would improve on 3rd May 2017 (that's 2 months away).   I believe the connection is probably just way overloaded when the kids come in from school and folk go online after they get in from work. I live  a very short distance from the two  local Virgin server industrial units, on Hermitage Way Mansfield but that isn't a hive of activity as far as I can tell, often no vans outside.

200 down to 8!  Every day! I've done all the resets, checked router settings, etc etc many times.  I pay about £95 a month for TV (no sport or movies) and fast broadband.   Any suggestions from you Virgin experts?   Is this kind of drop becoming normal? Thank you.08031712.1pm.JPG march6th17.JPG

Area 30 is better than Area 25 dude. I am lucky to see 100 at ANY time of the day or night!.

I WISH I got 200 even for 5 minutes!

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep 200 is available while we are out at work.

Then we get 2 when we try and stream TV or try a bit of gaming. Smiley Sad

Lee

0 Kudos