Menu
KevLoopy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My peak time speeds are the slowest ever

It's now 2 whole weeks of super slow broadband at peak times 0.5 to 4 meg speeds supposed to be 50 meg.

At least i have found out why, it is the dreaded Utilization sickness Virgin Media are infecting its users by subscribing far too many customers while taking everyone's money and giving us the slowest peak time speeds ever for the recently raised prices we pay.

Makes you wonder how Virgin Media would respond if our direct debit suddenly started suffering from Utilization sickness and only just pennies instead of pounds trickled into their accounts every month. They will be the first to complain to you very quickly.

Virgin Media charge you full price for a service they know they cannot provide at peak times
But why? VM know the areas effected by Utilization so get in touch with your customers first and pay compensation for not being able to supply as promised

We are not talking about the odd evening or two of slow speeds (my speeds have been down to 0.5 meg regularly at peak times) going on 2 weeks now. When i complained i was eventually informed that this will be going on until the end of November with no guarantee that it will be back to normal in December or even January 2017.

Why are you charging for this shambles of a service omg you should be paying us, I did shame them into crediting a months subscription but i still got charged £2.99 omg its not even worth that.

A loyal customer of VM for over 10 years and it feels like in 2016 i have gone backwards to the dark old days of dial-up broadband.

Have a contract now with BT who have promised a guaranteed 48 meg speed at peak times for £10:00 a month less (just waiting for the connection date)

To be honest are all these Broadband Companies just the same?

0 Kudos
kevinV
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My peak time speeds are the slowest ever

Same here paying a fortune for vivid 200 lucky if i get a murky 50.  I have had this for a while now and have only attained download speeds over 100mb twice in all that time.  Engineer came fiddled with the cabinet in the street brought my power up to 4db from -3 and swapped the router out, that did sweet FA.  Virgin tempt you in with the vivid200 and gamer300 but dont tell you that they will never achieve these speeds due to contention, even at 3am in the morning. 

Sky at least provided me with a reliable 7mb that hardly fluctuated.  Mught go down the BT route if they can guarentee speeds over 20mb even at peak times.

0 Kudos
KevLoopy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT did guarantee 48 meg at peak times for me / not connected yet so i will have to wait and see. To be honest they cannot be any worse than the dial-up speeds we are getting from Virgin Media.

Call them and see what they say

VM are just relying on people to carry on as usual and just put up with it. 

cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

kevinV wrote:

Same here paying a fortune for vivid 200 lucky if i get a murky 50.  I have had this for a while now and have only attained download speeds over 100mb twice in all that time.  Engineer came fiddled with the cabinet in the street brought my power up to 4db from -3 and swapped the router out, that did sweet FA.  Virgin tempt you in with the vivid200 and gamer300 but dont tell you that they will never achieve these speeds due to contention, even at 3am in the morning. 

Sky at least provided me with a reliable 7mb that hardly fluctuated.  Mught go down the BT route if they can guarentee speeds over 20mb even at peak times.

BT will be able to provide the same maximum speed as Sky as they both use a BT based line.