Menu
wyldstallyns
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media page says me speed upgrade will happen "between July 2015 and July 2015"....

So for a few months now I've had the "Hold on tight, your speed boost is on the way" thing at the top of my page. After being there for what seemed like ages  we phone virgin who said it should happen by the end of December. Well, now December has passed and the message now reads:

"Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 50Mbps to up to 70Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between July 2015 and July 2015"

When can i expect my speed upgrade? (Area code 02)

0 Kudos
wyldstallyns
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media page says me speed upgrade will happen "between July 2015 and July 2015"...

Bump

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media page says me speed upgrade will happen "between July 2015 and July 2015"...

To be honest with you they only quote guideline info, there is some planning when upgrading speed for customers on a large scale network capacity and such, be patient I'm sure it will arrive at some stage Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mine has changed to that recently, this happened a while ago and seems to be a fault on the system. Best bet is to call into 150 and ask them directly or alternatively wait for a response on here from staff - be aware though that it's taking well over a week for them to respond to posts so bumping your post just puts you to the back of the queue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi wyldstallyns,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay with your free speed boost. We are trying to stay on track and on schedule but there are times where an unforeseen circumstance crops up and the boosting takes longer in other areas. 

It does have a knock on effect on the following areas and if something else crops up, it will delay others even further. 

We are working hard to ensure we are boosting people as fast as we can and rest assured we'll be boosting your area as soon as we can. 

Keep checking back as that date can go forward as well as back. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos