Menu
Ajayrious
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

More speed issues

So I previously posted here : http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Slow-broadband-speed/m-p/2847877

And the person said that there would be upgrades in my area. I have since received a new hub but if anything the problems seem to have worsened.

Pretty much every day now my PS4 struggles to connect to PSN and once I'm online in game I suffer from severe lag. Right now I'm downloading an update to game and its going at 0.02MB/s. There is nothing else downloading on the network.

I've restarted everything to try and get it to move faster but without any luck. As much as i appreciate the usual stuff with connecting using an Ethernet cable, placement of router etc. I've been using Virgin Media Broadband for around a decade, with the router in the same place in the house and connecting via WiFi, and its never been as bad as it has been in the past year.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: More speed issues

Hello Ajayrious,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004795911 and has a review date of 5th April.

As this will have an impact on your internet during peak hours, do you get this issue outside these hours?

Have you tried a connection through an Ethernet cable to see if that helps? As you could be also experiencing interference and you can change the wireless channel to improve the connection.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ajayrious
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

17553480_10155169383255439_4868566677399084712_n.jpg

This is just ridiculous.

To answer your questions. I am unable to connect via Ethernet cable due to the geography of my house. Also I'm unsure if weekends count as peak hours but I definitely have the issues on weekends and during the week in the evening. As I'm at work during the day I am unable to say if similar issues occur before 6pm in the week.

I will try to change the WiFi Channel / Frequency but I note that my PS4 advises I have a signal strength of between 48% and 54%.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ajayrious,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate this fault is frustrating. We would consider evening and weekends to be peak time hours, it's when we would expect the network to be at it's busiest. The review date is just around the corner so please bump this post on or after the 5th for an update.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ajayrious
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bumped as requested

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Ajayrious,

Thanks for bumping Smiley Happy

I've just checked the update on the fault ticket and it looks like there's more work scheduled for July so you might notice improvements over the next few weeks.

The next review is on the 26th July.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out