Menu
Bigwilkey
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Modem Bottlenecking

i may need my modem replaced, the reason i believe it needs replacing is the simple fact it seems to be bottle necking, in other words every two days or so my speed would hit the floor, from 100mb down to 4mb with a ping of 300+ and upload of a mere 0.5 out of a possible 6mb

The reason i know its the modem is the fact once i restart the modem it works as normal and my speeds and ping go back to how it is supposed to be.

Few points i need to make is there is no heat problem, it is not in direct sunlight, it has plenty of room to breath, i do have a separate router but after a few tests this is not at fault i.e restarting router first does not solve the problem only when i restart the modem.

To conclude this message, i do not want to restart my modem every 2 days, when modems are designed to be left on, its very annoying so please could i have a replacement as soon as possible.

Kind Regards 

Bigwilkey

VMG300 Most Reliable Modem To Come From Virgin Media, twitch.tv/bigwilkey youtube.com/bigwilkey twitter.com/Bigwilkey
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem Bottlenecking

Which superhub are you on?

Sounds like a superhub1 from what you say. If so that is a known issue in router mode, if you swap to modem mode it goes away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Bigwilkey
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is a superhub 2 AC version and its in modem mode, i have always used modems in modem mode since the very first superhub.

Regards 

Bigwilkey

VMG300 Most Reliable Modem To Come From Virgin Media, twitch.tv/bigwilkey youtube.com/bigwilkey twitter.com/Bigwilkey
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigwilkey,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your SuperHub 2 AC. Are you still experiencing a problem with the speed degrading over time and then restoring back to normal after a reboot?

I've run tests to the SuperHub and everything looks good at the moment. The upstream and downstream signals are all correct and there are no timeouts or errors showing. Please let me know if you are still having this issue. 

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos