Menu
RobbyC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mega Slow Broadband

Well, after over 15 years with Virgin Media/Blueyonder/Telewest/Yorkshire Cable I'm looking to cancel all my subscriptions and move to a new reliable provider!

Broadband - 152Mb/s - More like 25Mb/s if I'm lucky. Obviously there's the usage cap etc at peak times. Does that mean I get a reduced cost?. So basically I could reduce my speed package and still have it reduced down to the same speed as a 152Mb/s. 

Television - TIVO - More like no TV go. Waiting and waiting and waiting for the menus to load then pressing the wrong button leads to more waiting and waiting and waiting!. Iplayer I can forget that trying to watch in HD is more waiting and waiting and waiting.

Phone - At least this works, but to be honest its not the hardest thing to get right!

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mega Slow Broadband

Hi RobbyC,

Really sorry to hear about the connection issues you've been experiencing with us.

I have located your account and I can see that there is currently a fault ticket raised (F002923663) regarding a high demand for our service in your area.

This fault is known to cause slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo® apps (particularly at peak times).

The next review date for this will be 07/09/2016.

I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and in no way do we want to lose your custom over this.

Our networks team are working to get this resolved ASAP and another team will be in contact with you shortly via private message to discuss this further.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have located your account and I can see that there is currently a fault ticket raised (F002923663) regarding a high demand for our service in your area.

This fault is known to cause slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo® apps (particularly at peak times).

There's a post from April 2014 quoting that fault ticket:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Connection-droping/m-p/2278449/highlight/true#M101...

The next review date for this will be 07/09/2016.

That will be 2 years 5 months since first mention! If it gets pushed back again in September I think it'll be a new record for virgin.

I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and in no way do we want to lose your custom over this.

Our networks team are working to get this resolved ASAP and another team will be in contact with you shortly via private message to discuss this further.

You have to laugh. If that's the network team resolving it ASAP, I'd dread to think what it would be like if they took their time.

0 Kudos
RobbyC
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's a ridiculous state of affairs, during peak time I'm down to 3 or maybe 4 Mb. I now have to resort to 4G to continue to use the internet reliably.

Just been given the same date in December, I'm not in contract so I'm off to a new provider!!

0 Kudos
RobbyC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat_J

Still Pathetic performance and down to 2mb speed instead of 152mb. Great service coming upto 4 months now!! BT here I come and I strongly recommend everybody switch!

0 Kudos
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I went to BT, you really have no option. Don't believe any resolution dates.
0 Kudos
RobbyC
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well, just got a message from Virgin. Guess what, review date moved back further to 21 Dec 2016.

I'm gone!!!!!
0 Kudos
RobbyC
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Guess what!!,

While I'm sorting out my alternative supplier, Virgin have moved the review date back to April 2017!!! Wonderful service by Virgin media!!!!

They also like to congratulate me that between January 2017 and January 2017 I'm going to upgrade to VIVID 200. Talk about miss communication and poor customer service!! I think they just like to kick me in the teeth!!

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i think its time to get bbc watchdog in this on review date forward and slow broadband they maybe act faster on sorting this out

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos