Menu
dbrb2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Massive variability in download since upgrade to 200Mbps nominal package

Evening,

Since upgrading to the 200Mbps nominal speed package, my acheivable speeds have gone from a fairly consistent ~120Mbps to a massively variable set of speeds, ranging from up to 180Mbps very late at night, to less than 40Mbps around 2200 each night. 

This data can be seen here: 

http://bbarker.duckdns.org/speed/

Pings and uploads are far more consistent - but is there anything that can be done? Coupled with the price rise, it seems I would be better off on my old package if it can't be fixed, since it was slower but more consistent...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive variability in download since upgrade to 200Mbps nominal package

Hi dbrb2

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are having an issue with the broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is high traffic during peak hours which I have raised to our networks department for more investigation. Once I have more information I will let you know.

I can see that you are using the Super Hub in modem mode. Have you got your own router attached for the wireless connection? Are you able to complete speed tests at different times of the day without your equipment attached and let me know the results please?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dbrb2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes - the link above shows plots for every hour of the day

Although I get close to 200Mbps during the day, it drops to ~40 when I am actually there to use it...

If it can't be fixed, can I move onto the 50Mbps package? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dbrb2

Thanks for the quick reply.

I knew there was something I forgot to mention, with the link you posted we are unable to open this in the office.

Have you saved this onto another file format by any chance?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dbrb2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The plot is shown below as an image. I'm suprised the link wasn't working for you...it does for me! 

speed.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dbrb2

Thanks for re-posting the graph for me. I was unable to open the link due to our firewall in the office.

With the high peak time traffic fault I raised, the reference number is F004770286 and with a review date of 19th October. This will affect your speeds during peak hours.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with further information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
dbrb2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This still seems to be an issue...I'm barely getting 6Mbps at the moment....or about 1/30th of the advertised speed...

Whilst it is true it is much faster during the day, I'm not here then, so it isn't much use....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dbrb2.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked the high peak time traffic fault and the review date is now showing as 14th December. I can see that my colleagues have been in touch regarding this and they will let you know further updates nearer the date.

I know this is frustrating and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos