Menu
mattyjw
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Massive drop in speed in evenings.

Hi,

I am experiencing a significant drop in speed in the evenings and on weekends, this is probably due to oversubscription in my postcode that was reported when i called the faults team. Do you have a date for when this will be addressed, in the morning before work I get my advertised speed of around 150Mb but as soon as I come in the connection has dropped to 60Mb or evenless. I've attached images to show the results I got this morning and over the weekend.

cheers

Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive drop in speed in evenings.

Hi mattyjw,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your downstream power levels that may be causing the issue. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to sort it out.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mattyjw
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There has been no improvement on the connection in the evenings today is as bad as it has ever been. I have called in on several occasions to complain and have been told that there is a note on file of the problem, I haven't as far as I can see received any kind of credit to my account even though this is clearly an on going utilisation issue. While there may be aslight power issue on my line the morning sppedtests are always around 150, while evenings I'm lucky to get 50 or even 30.

Saturday 1700Saturday 1700Morning 0800Morning 0800evening 1900evening 1900Evening 1900Evening 1900

0 Kudos
Raco
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattyjw,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

We here at virgin don't care that your connection is slow during peak hours and we will certainly carry on throttling your internet connection so we can sign more users up on your area. Now seems you have complained we will send you a reduction on your bill and we expect you to be quiet about it for atleast 2+ years and then we will issue you a new fault code so you think the fault was fixed, Meanwhile if you no anybody in your area who would like virgin please contact us with there details.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

mattyjw
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This mornings speedtest.

speedtest2.jpg

0 Kudos
mattyjw
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that sounds about right except for the reduction in my bill, there still charging me full whack for this bs.
0 Kudos
xmasbaby
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you're lucky you get 60Mb. I am supposed to receive up to 100Mb but regularly I am lucky if I reach 7Mb, which is ridiculous.
0 Kudos