Menu
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Making An Official Complaint

As my original post was removed, i'd like to know what is the best way to make an official complaint to Virgin Media over speed issues that have been on going since February this year.

Have been in contact with people on here via PMs and have made calls to Virgin over the phone at several times throughout the year and nothing has been done about it.

I don't want credits, I would like the service I pay for. Yes I know I live in an over subscribed area.

Is it best to contact the ombudsman?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Making An Official Complaint

for virginmedia complaint process -> http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-codes-of-practice.html with some areas might require a lot of construction which is getting blocked by dept or roads etc.. so if cant do work cant perform ugprades etc. that is just 1 possible.. also liberty global not that great at putting their hand in pocket for funding. (owners of virginmedia)
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul.

Been with Virgin for many years but in the past 12 months it has become a joke.

My ex wife and kids get better speeds than me in Peterborough with just the basic plusnet broadband.

At the present time, i'd be no worse off than going with them.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your original topic is here, link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Making-An-Official-Complaint/m-p/328...

If you want to keep track of your topics, just click your name and you'll see them all, that's how I found that one.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I originally posted it in the speed section, didn't realise it had been moved.

Duly noted.

0 Kudos
Junglegirl
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

I have had an over utilisation problem for over 2 years now and have been in regular contact with anyone and everyone at Virgin as like you I only want what I pay for and as speeds are hit at none busy periods i.e. early mornings until about 3pm then the advertised speeds are being met - just not when we want them.. I have been offered the Ombudsman option. However, as Virgin are "working on the problem" and as I receive a credit to my bill every month, and speed are being met, Virgin are meeting the demands of the Ombudsman. 

I've discussed this at length with Executive Complaints Team (I emailed the CEO) and they agreed with me in that Virgin are meeting the criteria that the Ombudsman sets down, so basically, and it;s only my opinion, nothing will happen once the Ombudsman has investigated. 

Not sure if this helps or not

J

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Junglegirl

Investigate CISAS instead. They have done good for quite a few customers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

EnsignVorik
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nicked from another user on here, but some good advice:

http://www.bartmans.com/CISAS/