Menu
PeterB1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Major speed loss in area 30

Anyone else in area 30 having really really low download speeds

Just done a test and it's surpossed to be 200mb download I got 4.96mb download and 10mb upload

There has to be something that can be done ?
0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major speed loss in area 30

Yup, me too.

As they are not due to fix that over-utilisation performance issue until May, this year hopefully, i have moved my 200Mbps connection down to 50Mbps, perhaps temporarily, which you might want to consider also.

However, if you do choose to downgrade your package, make sure that they don't impose a 1-year contract term on you, which is what they tried on me.  If the promised fix doesn't work or if it is delayed any longer, which does appear to happen with some regularity, I will be very likely to switch providers and i certainly do not want to have to pay a contract termination fee, when it is VM that forced me to downgrade in the first place.  That would really be rubbing salt into an open wound.

Even though i am now paying for 50Mbps, the cheapest i could get, i am getting low single-figure speeds, so i am currently collecting frequent speedtest results and will be filing a formal complaint to VM, which i don't expect to yield much.  I will then be sending the evidence to CICAS, so they can add mine to what is probably going to be a rapidly increasing pile of VM complaints.

0 Kudos
PeterB1973
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mine was a free upgrade back in august last year upto 200mbs but it's slower now than it's ever been, you ring them up and they make out it's something you are doing that's wrong not mentioning anything about the problems they are having, and they still keep taking the money every month
0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you can, do a speed test in the middle of the day and then do another, say between 8pm and 9pm.  

I would be surprised if your daytime one isn't very close to 200Mb and the evening one is nearer to single figures.  A simple case of too many users, not enough bandwidth.  That would be more forgivable if they weren't still signing new customers up, apparently with the promise of speeds that they are only going to be able to get when everybody else isn't using their connection.

0 Kudos
PeterB1973
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No matter when I do it it's never over 20mbs
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeterB1973,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've run a diagnostic on your account and I can see an issue with your signal levels that will needed to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos