Menu
Robert82
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mac Safari slower speeds

Just this week i upgraded to the 200mb and HUB 3. Previous to this i was 150mb and HUB 2. When i done a speed test through speedtest.net i would always get 150mb+ no matter what time of the day. Since getting the 200mb the speeds have been up and down a lot. The other night i was struggling to get above 30mb on my MAC and iPhone. An engineer came out yesterday and tested it on firefox, that would give me 217mb constantly. Has anyone else experienced this problem soon Safari or does anyone know why this could be happening?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac Safari slower speeds

if its peek times it does go down becuse they upgrading a site can handle everyone its virgin media problem to sort out peek times

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Robert82
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The person i spoke to on the phone said peak times shouldn't slow it down to about 30mb as the capacity for that area was only at 40%. On Safari it can go down as slow as 70mb after midnight but on Firefox it is always 217mb.

0 Kudos
Robert82
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still getting very slow speeds through Safari. Firefox maxes out at 217mb every test.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As Firefox is fine, then it looks like a problem with Safari.

Are you using both browsers on the same machine?

Are you using a wired connection with both browsers?

Some tips on how to speed up Safari here

0 Kudos
Robert82
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin engineer tested Firefox wired and wireless which maxed out at 217mb, on the same device. Speedtest app on the iphone can sometimes struggle to go above 40mb.

Previous to the 200mb upgrade i was 150mb and never had an issue with the speedtest on Safari or on the iphone. I would alwys get about 156mb.

0 Kudos