Menu
vmYuLowerSpeeds
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lower Internet Speeds at night

Hi there,

Im getting really **bleep** off tbh. I pay for 100mbps at when it comes to nights, it ranges from 5-0.10mbps download speeds. During the day its fine, then when i call virgin media they tell me they are doing works in the area. Like you're not, do not give me this bs. Then they say it should end between a period and it still carries on. It's been happening for most part of 2 years, fully tired and **bleep** off at this. Cant stream anything at night. Nor can i play games, when i connect to a server hello 100ping.

Area reference- 21

0 Kudos
beljim
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lower Internet Speeds at night

Might be worth dropping down to 50Mbit service as I recently upgraded to 150Mbit from 50Mbit and my download speeds got to pot. Never had an issue on the 50Mbit.

I can only assume the 50Mbit lines are less saturated. Better to have constant 50Mbit than 150Mbit in the day and an erratic 3-20Mbit  of an evening as I stream most of my TV

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

"I can only assume the 50Mbit lines are less saturated."

There are no separate lines, everything uses the same cables regardless of the package speed.

If you've suffering from contention you'll get the same speed whatever package. The only advantage of going for a lower package is you may reduce the cost.

0 Kudos
vmYuLowerSpeeds
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had 50mbps before but i decided to take the leap and upgrade. The problem is i get 100mbps on 5ghz but once it hits 7pm-11pm. The nighmare starts.
0 Kudos
beljim
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Strange then that I was getting 50Mbit day and night for 2 years and now that I upgraded I am getting 10Mbit of an evening? exact same day.

I never got less than 50Mbit day ot night until this upgrade. Something must be different.

0 Kudos
vmYuLowerSpeeds
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had 50mbps before i would get like 1mbps. I believe its due to my area as they provide the highest speeds in my area the next highest is like 50mbps.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI vmYuLowerSpeeds,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003272969 and with a review date of 21st December.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will give you more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vmYuLowerSpeeds
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What if its not fixed by the 21st of December? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a review date not a fix date. Do not take it as a fix date as you will be disappointed.

If it's not fixed you get another review date 3-4 months down the line and need to re-claim credit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
vmYuLowerSpeeds
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Eitherway i have a voice memo of the Virgin media representative on the phone saying it will be fixed by a certain date. So ill just use that to get what i want.
0 Kudos