Menu
Telryo1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Low speeds of an evening

Hi I am not happy with the speeds i am getting on a 100 meg connection im lucky to get 20meg later it goes up to 90 meg aroung 11.30pm on the whole they are very slow speeds is there a fault in this area or low power transmission from the box, i am hard wired to the modem and all signs from the self diagnostics is fine if this is all the speed i can expect for what i pay for  then i will be looking to move from virgin as this is not good enough it was fine till the upgrade from 50 meg to 100 meg i. I look forward to your repy thankyou.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low speeds of an evening

Hi Telryo1,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004113584). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 5th April.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Telryo1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thats all good and well but do we get a reduction in our monthly fee due to slow speeds . I have phoned up and they said they would reduce our monthly cost while the work is being done so can i expect this reduction till april ? and how much will i be reduced off our bill . 

Regards 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hey Telyo1,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

You will be entitled to receive a certain amount of credit, this should appear on your account, if you don't notice any reductions, please let us know so we can chase it up for you.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Telryo1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi we have had a new modem fitted and still are only getting 46meg on a 100meg connection upload is fine why is this issue still happening im hard wired theres nothing wrong with my equipment so it must be a fault in the street evening are even worse only reaching 25 meg max when the man came and changed the modem he said theres a problem to the supply to us. When will this be fixed as were paying for 100meg and only getting a quarter of the speed when we need it ,as you can see from my first post on this its been quite a long time any responce will be welcome as i can't get through on the phone keep getting an indian guy bouncing me round to different departments .

regards .

0 Kudos
Telryo1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

ps: compensation please once again for our inconvienence

regards
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Telryo1, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I have just popped a reply on your other thread:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Still-slow-speeds/m-p/3401354#M159201

Let us know how you are getting on. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Telryo1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Telryo1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

also this is my speedtest as you can see its not pulling 100meg more like 50meg on wired connection this has been like this since i first posted in january new modem fitted and as you say moved to new cable all tests indicate this modem is running at 50meg max

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=149293532123463789779

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Telryo1,

Thanks for getting back in touch and apologies for the on-going connection problems. Are you able to test your speeds with your Hub in Modem Mode? This will help us to progress with our diagnostics.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos