Menu
RoKe
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Low speed internet, Bromley, only getting 3-5Mbps, should be closer to 50Mbps

Hi.  I had noticed the quality of streaming Netflix/iPlayer/amazon prime shows was dropping over the last few weeks. It seems worse in the last week or so, so I started checking via speed test and the results seem to be never above 5Mbps. This tends to be in weekday evenings and weekends.

The self help facility available online via Virgin's service status section of My Virgin Media comes up with the following message after running a test:

We're trying to sort it out for you

In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us.

This happed a few times and each time, I've restarted our equipment as directed, but with no speed improvement. How frustrating. Is there anything else I can do or that Virgin can do to get the speed back to where it should be?

Thanks

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low speed internet, Bromley, only getting 3-5Mbps, should be closer to 50Mbps

Ah another Bromley person ^_^ Welcome to the fold! Bromley is massively oversubscribed has been for some time.

I would kill for 3-5Mbps right now

My specific area BR4 has been since before Nov 2014.  I have chased and chased and just given up.

Someone on here will quote you a fault ref number, state thats its due to utilization, give you a review date and thats it. But make sure you claim your money off for this! As little as it will be for the disservice you get!

The review date will pass again and again. Chances are they are just talking about what biscuit they want to eat in the next meeting.

This is my 100mbit in Bromley, really feel the DOCSIS 3 speed there!

0 Kudos
RoKe
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low speed internet, Bromley, only getting 3-5Mbps, should be closer to 50Mbps

Ha! Looks like I should be happy with my 5Mbps...
Managed to get through to VM on the phone last night. They ran tests, agreed there is a problem, told me to wait as they are working in the area to address the problem and it should be sorted by the 21st January... Will wait to see what happens...
0 Kudos